The best about Summers are its seasonal fruits and vegetables. From Mangoes to Watermelon, Strawberries to Sweet Corn is surely everybody’s favorite. You will find plenty of street markets selling the summer fruits or juice and smoothies prepared from them every weekend on your local high streets.
I first tried sweet corn couple of years back in a mall in Mangalore. Probably one of the tiniest shops in a big mall yet busy with long queue’s. Simple sweet corn comes in flavors of chat masala, chilly and lime or simply plain tasted at its best. The chilly lime flavor just used to make my evening even better.
As I did my grocery shopping yesterday. My eyes fell on these beautiful yellow seeds covered with nice,green and fresh looking husk and I could not resist myself from buying them as I wanted to bring back the old memories of my chilly lime evenings. So I tried to create this dish with 8 ingredients 🙂
Ingredients: 2 corn
- Corn with husk alternatively you can used a corn with no husk too
- Knob of butter
- pinch of chilly powder
- pinch onion powder (optional)
- pinch garlic powder (optional)
- pinch of crushed black pepper
- lemon juice
- Peal back the husk of the corn until the base carefully and remove the silk.
- In a bowl mix butter, chilly powder, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper. Brush this mixture on to the corn.
- Fold back the husk and place it gently on either a barbecue or griddle pan.
- Brush the remaining butter on the outer husk of the corn. If required spray some oil.
- Turn ever few minutes until the corn is cooked on all sides.
- Remove the husk and enjoy this delicious spicy corn with some melted butter if you want to spoil yourself more.