A simple breakfast recipe that I have been craving to eat since long. Now you must be wondering if this is so simple to prepare with all of the ingredients in your pantry why have I not prepared it. For those who know KJ well, will have only one thing to tell about him, that is “he is lactose intolerent” . I had prepared this dish like donkey years back and he did not like it, so had to give up. Now since he has gone to Mexico for a week you will find a lot of recipes which are my personal favorites.
As kids and coming from a Catholic family we used to have bread religiously for breakfast. I think this is the reason why our community is nicknamed as “Pav” in Mumbai meaning Bread. So this dish was not only my favorite but also on all my siblings. If I enjoyed it as a kid and I still do it as an adult am sure you will love it too along with your kids.
Ingredients makes about 5 toast
- 3 Free range eggs
- 200 ml milk (I used almond milk)
- 3 tbsp of caster sugar (I used maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Oil/Butter for frying
- Any bread as per your preference
- In a large bowl add eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and whisk all well to make an egg custard. If using sugar, make sugar that the dissolved and settled at the bottom.
- Add the ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat, add oil/butter.
- In the meanwhile soak the slice of bread in the egg custard for a second on each side and place it on the pan to fry.
- Fry for until the bread is golden brown on each side.
- Dust icing sugar on the toast and serve with maple syrup.