Its been indeed a very long time since I blogged, so I wanted to create a dish that I would like to dedicate to someone very special in my life. Its been exactly a year since I conceived my baby. Oh! what a joy, a perfect Valentines Day gift.
The beauty of growing this little human inside me was so magical. Even thou I had to sacrifice my favourite food, gain on some extra kilos, have stretch marks on my belly, walk like a penguin, end up having a baby brain and wake up every morning with panda eyes, the moment I saw her I fell in Love with her.
It just made me realise that Love is such a huge topic to talk about but yet I find it hard to write and describe what exactly the feeling is. So here is just a piece of advise people- be in love with your brethren everyday and not just on V day and enjoy this chocolate filled desert that will melt your heart.
Serves 5-6. Time taken 30 minutes
- 250 grms of cocoa pasta (I bought from Hotel Chocolat)
- 250 ml double cream
- 150 grms chocolate hazelnut spread (I bought from Hotel Chocolat)
- 3 tbsp of Amaretto (used to soak the cherries)
- 6 cherries soaked for 24-48 hours in Amaretto for garnish
- Wash and soak fresh cherries in a bowl of amaretto for 24-48 hours in the fridge. In an air tight container.
- Boil water in a pot, add a pinch of salt. Once the water is boiled add the pasta and lower the flame. Cook as per instructions to al-dente. Keep aside.
- In a pan pour in the double cream, let it warm up on low flame. Now add the chocolate hazelnut spread. Keep stirring until the cream and hazelnut spread has combine together. Once combined pour in the amaretto, give a good stir and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes. Your sauce is now ready.
- Once the sauce is ready, add the pasta to this, let the pasta coat well.
- Serve warm topped with the amaretto soaked cherries. Enjoy this dessert