So am having a conversation on this lazy Sunday afternoon with my husband while he is busy watching his Liverpool vs Man United match, and as most of the time I do was complaining that I do not have any topic to write about and guess what he said. He said that I need to write about how lazy I was. When I first got married and I was at my in-laws place and I was amazed at the speed they would get things done. For those who know my in-laws will definitely give me a thumbs up and agree with me. Am not just talking here about food but life in general was much faster in that house rather than at mine. We would take our own pace and do things slowly yet steadily. But in both households things got done. I think this is why KJ’s definition of being lazy is being slow which greatly applies to me.
Having said that I looked for an easy and simple recipe as I believe we all need a lazy day just like Bruno Mars #The Lazy Song. So here is a delicious recipe with no efforts for that simple breakfast on the bed Sundays.
- 2 butter croissants
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1/4 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 1/4 finely sliced avocado.
- Garlic infused olive oil 1 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan
- Sauté the onion and pepper for 2-3 minutes
- Add the eggs and scramble.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Using the tip of the knife slice the avocado flesh into thin slices making sure not to pierce the skin. Gently lift the avocado using a spoon.
- Partially cut the croissant into half, fill it with scrambled egg and top it up with avocado slices.