Having found a similar recipe by the entrance of Waitrose I was glad to find out that Two Chicks does sell egg whites only. This gave me a relief as I would like to have an egg white omelette however had to end up throwing the yolk and I don’t like wasting food.
However browsing online for some easy egg white recipes I came across this interesting article that said there is massive shortly of egg whites in America due to the rise in demand. Never did I thing that a simple source of protein would actually be a shortage in future, no wonder a carton of Two Chicks costed me £3. Anyways having said that I wanted to try my version of Egg White Omelette and I hope you enjoy this healthy recipe too.
- 9 tbsp of egg whites (I used Two Chicks brand)
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 green chilly finely chopped
- Mixed exotic mushrooms as desired or any mushroom of your choice.
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cube of Kiri cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil to fry.
- Pour the egg whites, chopped onion, chopped green chilly and mushrooms in a bowl and lightly beat the eggs until nice and frothy.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is smoking hot add the beaten eggs.
- Now top the omelette with sun dried tomatoes and cream cheese.
- Fold it into half and cook the omelette well on both sides
- Enjoy this with a glass of fresh orange juice.