Who does not love weekends. I love them not because I get to relax, away from computers or running away from clients, but because I get to spend sometime in one of my favorite places in my house- My Kitchen, which I miss a lot on the weekdays. I remember when I first came over to view the property the only thing I liked most about the house was its spacious garden facing Kitchen for which KJ could not refute my demands 🙂
As I missed my Kitchen so much and after 2 weeks of staying away from it, was thinking of preparing something desi for the weekend. Now I have a Parsi boss and he is a foodie. he not only loves to eat but also enjoys cooking. So every week he come over and tells me what special he prepared over the week end and I think to myself he is such a genius, he should open his own restaurant. Talking about my boss I can go on and on, so lets come back to the making of Akoori. Perfect n simple for breakfast enjoyed by young and old.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 6 Free Range eggs
- 1 tb spoon ghee
- 1/2 tsp of jeera
- 1 tsp of red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- thumb size ginger finely chopped
- 1 long green chilly finely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- Garam masala to garnish
- handful of coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt as required
- In a non stick pan heat the ghee on medium flame and add the jeera
- Once the jeera is fried well, add ginger along with chopped green chillies and saute it for few minutes.
- Add the onion and stirring continuously until they are translucent
- Now add the tomatoes, chilly powder, turmeric, salt and let it cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- In the meanwhile break the eggs in a bowl and add milk to it. Now beat the eggs until lightly frothy.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, to this add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Now add the beaten egg and keep stirring it continuously until the egg is scrambled.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add salt as required and garnish it with garam masala and chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your Akoori which some warm bread rolls.