So here I have my first Sunshine Summer recipe and I just look at the London Weather forecast for the week after and looks like we will be welcomed by the grey weather soon. Gosh…. No more sun and No more beach parties … That’s not fair… However I guess being for nearly 6 years in this country I must get used to the hide and seek of the sun and make the most it while it last.
For those who are still buying charcoal and are planning to have BBQ parties I have just the perfect recipe for you. Coconut Prawns brings the tropical flavor to your guests and I promise you that this perfect combination of coconut, prawns with sweet chilly and lime sauce on the side will never stop your guest from reaching their hand to grab the next one.
- 200 grams of King Prawns
- Plain flour 2 tbsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- White pepper 1 tsp
- 1 egg
- 2 drops of soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp of mixed herbs dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sweet chilly sauce
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Chopped coriander leaves a few.
- Grated coconut/desiccated coconut
- Soak skewers in a bottle of water for about 30 minutes.
- Clean and de-vein the prawns and insert them in the skewers.
- Mix plain flour, paprika and white pepper powder along with some salt and drizzle this over the prawns and dust off excess.
- In a bowl light beat 1 egg along soya sauce, dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip into egg mixture and coat with coconut.
- Place this over a tray lined with foil and place this in the oven at 150 degrees for 10 minutes or until the prawns are cooked.
- Enjoy this with a sweet chilly dip garnished with lemon juice and coriander leaves.