Hot!!! Turn on the air con!!! Am sweating!!!!Cannot sleep as its too hot….These are the phrases I get to here these days and the weekend plans made by my colleagues is BBQ, or beach parties. This morning one of my colleagues was saying that he saw people shopping in Tesco in bikinis. This year is probably one of the best summers London has had. I must say am not complaining and I make sure I do get my daily dose of Vitamin D 🙂
As the temperatures sore to its maximum with BBQ parties, Pimm’s and beer in demand along with the sale of ice creams reaching the roof top the questions arises how can we still maintain the beachbody look with a healthy and summery diet. I came across this perfect recipe which I thought would be wonderful to share. Succulent Stuffed Chicken Breast.
- One good size chicken breast about 150 grams
- Soya sauce as required (for marination)
- Chopped had few of Mozzarella cheese
- Chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes 2
- Chopped fresh Basil leaves approx 5 leaves
- finely chopped clove of garlic.
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Lemon Zest 1/2 tsp
- Clean and wash the chicken breast. Place it on a chopping board with the thick part of the chicken breast facing your right.
- Gently insert a sharp knife through the middle of the breast making a little pocket. Do not cut the breast into half and even if you do there is no harm, you can still stuff you chicken.
- Now marinate the chicken in soya sauce for at least 3-4 hours in the fridge. This will make the poultry soft and succulent.
- In a bowl, mix the Cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves,garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Stuff this mixture inside the pocket of the chicken breast.
- Seal the mouth of the pocket with a toothpick so that the stuffing does not come out when cooked.
- Heat a griddle pan/non stick pan, add oil and fry the chicken on each side until cooked well. Alternatively, you can bake it in the oven at 125 degrees until the chicken is cooked well.
- Using a sharp knife cut the chicken slanting staring from the narrow end.
- Enjoy this delicious meal for lunch or dinner.