Saturday mornings I normally like to sip my glass of juice listening to the radio. As I kick started my day the DJ on Capital FM goes like the temperature in London today will be as high as in Ibiza. Wow!!!! Ibiza, a dream place to be for its rave and wild beach parties. Well, London is the new Ibiza today so a wild n rocky recipe for all the Londoner’s.
I have very rarely tried my hand in baking. I last baked a cake more than 10 years ago. Can you believe it almost a decade ago which is a very long time. Baking actually relieves me from the week day stress and prepares me for a fresh start of the new week ahead. I must thank my colleague who spoils me by regularly baking cakes for us and this bought me to trying my hand on this simply delicious Rocky Road cake.
- 300 grms of rich tea biscuit. Broken into smaller than bite size pieces but not crumbs.
- 100 grms of chopped dried dates.
- 100 grms of chopped dried apricots
- 120 grms of roasted hazelnuts skin off chopped
- 300 grms dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 300 grms milk chocolate
- 200 grms butter
- 300 grms golden syrup
- Melt Chocolate, Butter and golden syrup in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Line a 20-23 cm square cake tin with clingfilm. Alternatively you can use a silicon bake tray. This will lift the cake easily.
- Break the biscuits and place it in the cake tray.
- To this add the chopped dates, apricots and hazelnuts.
- Add the melted chocolate to the biscuit and chopped dried fruit mixture. Mix well until all the biscuit pieces are coated well with the chocolate.
- Pop the cake tin in the fridge for six hours or over night.
- If used the clingfilm, lift out of the tin and peel off.
- Enjoy your rocky road cake.